Bad as you wanna give it, I wanna give to you.
Actress Teyonah Parris
Hair texture fine and hair type 4b/4c
Natural for 5 years
Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work
The Violent Xenophobic Racism in Ireland
At 9pm last Tuesday, 44-year-old Chinese doctor, Wu Youzhong, went to investigate the sound of breaking glass outside his home in Coleraine, County Londonderry, in Ireland. When he arrived at his front door, he saw that the window had been smashed. An intruder then attacked him so violently that he had to be admitted to hospital for several days, and required consultation from an eye specialist. Dr Wu’s wife, Luo Ruoyin, said, “I heard he was just screaming in pain and I was scared. He was just holding his head and covering his eyes and blood was just running down everywhere.” The police are treating the attack as racially motivated; the couple, who have a two-year-old daughter, are reported to be intending to move away from the area.
The Chinese community in Ireland has long been a target of racial discrimination. Anna Lo, an Alliance Party politician born in Hong Kong who was elected to the Ireland Assembly in 2007, was the first politician from an ethnic minority at national level in Ireland, as well as the first East Asian to be elected anywhere in Britain. Her campaign was dogged by violent racism – including death threats – to the extent that she had to carry a panic alarm as a precaution. One far-Right website published pornographic images of Chinese women, alongside derogatory references to Anna Lo. “People from ethnic minorities are very frightened,” she said. “I have never seen ethnic minorities so fearful in Ireland.”
the crumbling myth of white supremacy. white supremacy is violent. white supremacy is destructive. white supremacy is pervasive. white supremacy kills.
Quvenzhané Wallis on set while shooting the new Fall/Winter campaign for Armani Junior 2014 (video).