"WHEN YOU GROW UP, IF YOU STILL FEEL RAW ABOUT IT, I’LL BE WAITING."Quentin Tarantino is finally making Kill Bill Vol. III Tarantino revealed he wants part 3 to take place 10 years after the events of Kill Bill Vol.2, presumably so that Vernita Green’s daughter (Nikki) can be old enough to track down The Bride (Uma Thurman/Black Mamba) to get revenge for killing her mother right in front of her. Vernita Green (portrayed by Vivica A. Fox), A.K.A. Copperhead, was a member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad. She took part in the massacre at the Two Pines Wedding Chapel. She was second on The Bride’s “Death List Five.” Four years after the massacre she is living a normal life in Pasadena, Ca. under the alias of Jeanie Bell. She was trained in hand-to-hand combat and knife fighting, and it is hinted that she and The Bride shared a mutual, professional respect for each other. At the start of the first movie, they engage in a vicious fight, destroying Vernita’s living room in the process. However, Green’s four-year-old daughter Nikki arrives home in the middle of the fight, and they stop fighting since the Bride doesn’t want to kill Vernita in front of her young daughter. Green sends Nikki to her room and she talks with the Bride over coffee, apologizing for betraying her and asking for mercy on behalf of her family. The Bride coldly refuses and they agree to meet in the middle of the night to have a knife fight. However, Vernita betrays her promise, and tries to shoot the Bride with a handgun concealed within a cereal box (aptly named Kaboom). She misses and the Bride throws a knife into her heart, killing her. Her death is witnessed by Nikki which the Bride had not intended. The Bride tells Nikki, "When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I’ll be waiting." Well, looks like Copperhead’s daughter (secretly trained by the eye-patch wearing Elle, who we learn didn’t actually die in that trailer) is going to attempt to exact a bloody revenge! Oh, and let’s not forget that The Bride also had a four year old daughter. I have a feeling that these lil b*tches are going to be going at it H.A.M.!
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?
- Having sex every day.
- Saving sex for your wedding night.
- Never having sex.
- Having sex with different people.
- Having sex with one person.
- Having sex with a person of your same gender.
- Loving sex.
- Hating sex.
- Being loud.
- Being quiet.
The only thing wrong with sex?
When it’s not consensual.
Because that’s not sex. That’s rape.
Reblogging again because this post is so important.
Janet Jackson was on some real deal grown folk freaky shit and I’m still here for it
bless this man
Around you more than anybody else.
And everyday as I’m headin’ off to school.
You know there’s no one I love as much as you.
Proud family. Proud family. PROUD FAMILY
They’ll make you sing. They’ll make you wanna scream.
It’s family thing. A family. Proud proud family.
Calm ya happy ass down. You was supposed to do one damn line. Future rebloggers can’t even join in cause ya ass done David Ruffin’d the whole god damn performance.
LMFAO David Ruffin’d
When your friends tryna go out
- When bills arrive in the mail.
- When Sallie Mae call.
- When my stomach growl.
- When my eyebrows are begging for an arch.
- When my tank on E.
Lmao. The struggle is real.